- Week 1 -
History, hardware, software, communications, manuals, consultants, web use,
security. Programs - survey2012.f, compiling and running FORTRAN in LINUX.
- Week 2
- Simulation, enumeration, algebraic manipulations, solution of equations,
basic precautions. Example of random walks, random numbers. Programs
rwalk1.f rwalk2.f urand.f cplot.f, compiling with PGPLOT, project discussion.
- Week 3
numerical differentiation, quadrature, roots, and Targil 5 discussion.
- Week 4
- Ordinary differential equations, order and chaos. Programs chap2*.f (26/3/14)Targil 1 due 18:00.
- Week 5 -
Boundary value and eigenvalue equations, Schroedinger equations.
Programs chap3*.f (2/4/14) Targil 2 due 18:00.
- Week 6
- Molecular Dynamics in Solids, Visualization (23/4/14) Targil 3 due and please look at the page on Molecular Dynamics and
play some of the movies there.
- Week 7 - MATHEMATICA, special functions, gaussian quadrature + project topic reports (30/4/14) Project proposal due.
- Week 8
Monte Carlo integration, Ising models and simulated annealing (7/5/14).
- Percolation, fractals (14/5/14)
- Series expansions, Pade approximants (28/5/14) + LINUX bits. Perhaps queue submission on ALUF if there is time.
Targil 4 due. 4/6/14 - Shavuot - no class.
Student TAMNUN course account info for 2014:
Your accounts are course03-09 and course23-29. Passwords given on signup sheet in class.
CHANGE OF ORDER
Week 13 - HPC (11/6/14), may run into second week). Student experiences on TAMNUN - Nadav, Omri and???
- Week 11
- partial differential equations - time dependent
Schroedinger eqn (18/6/14) + preliminary project presentations/status reports.
Summary of SURVEY 2013 Project topics - Dror and ???
In 2014, material may be moved between the later parts of ``week 11'' and week ''12'', depending on interests and time taken by student presentations.
- Week 12 Granular media, computational optics (25/6/14) and other topics to be selected, possibly presentation by Tal Kachman. Targil 5 due.
- This gives a spare week, in case there will be a reason not to hold class one week, or some topic does not get finished. (2014 - spare week used up due to R. Adler's hospitalization, after 2014 no 14th week anyway.)
Appointments for individual project discussions - until 25th June and 6th-end July.
-------------- COMPLETELY UPDATED till here for 2014--------------
-------------- PARTLY UPDATED till here for 2014--------------