- Prepare one xyz file.
- Open the file using Aviz.
- Configure all the aspects of the visualition: bonds, color, resolution, view...
- Save a vpm file (ViewParam File...).
- For keeping the aspect of your model, it is recommended to add 8 dummy atoms, one at each corner of your model.
- go to the directory where all the xyz files are.
- write: "for f in coords*.xyz; do aviz -snapq -vpm file.vpm $f; done".
- IMPORTANT!! You can't do anything in the computer while Aviz takes the snapshot, if by any chance you do then some of your snapshuts won't come out good.
Now we have lots of png files, we can do from them one of the following two thing:
- Make a gif file (good only for small number of png ~100): "convert *.png gif.gif".
- Make a mpeg file:
- Before we can make a mpeg file, you will have to download a mpeg encoder.
- Copy the file in a directory and open it with the command "unzip mpeg2encode.zip".
- Write the following to add the directory into the search path:
- export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/Mpeg2EncodeDirectory/
- Finally go into your directory containing png files and write the command "convert *png movie.mpeg".
- You now should be able to watch the movie with your browser or with any movie player.
Back to the Miscellaneous.
Back to the Pavel Bavli's Homepage.