- Also known as Metropolis Monte Carlo Simulation.
- Real annealing is heating and slow cooling to find
groundstate or equilibrium state at a finite tempertaure.
- Simulated annealing is an algorithm to do the same;
usually use Metropolis Monte Carlo algorithm and logarithmic
- Used to find optimal arrangement of wires on a computer chip
and for other optimization problems.
- E. Ribak, S. Lipson and JA used it to optimally phase a multimirrored
- May be interchanged with molecular dynamics to
quickly equilibrate samples.
- Does not follow real time sequences.